On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 16:47 +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
> links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
> content is safe.
>

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 04:31:25PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > This allows to control carrier from /sys/class/net/ethX/carrier
>
> Hi Joakim
>
> Please could you explain the use case for this.

I have an eth I/F connected to an internal (on board) switch which has an
external port to a mgmt network.
Whenever the external link is broken I want inform linux IP stack that the link
is down on the internal eth
I/F as well. The two interfaces are isolated from the rest of the switch ports
using VLANs.

 Jocke