YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ???? wrote:
If it is okay to defer the checksumming after checking the next header
protocol, we can omit the checksumming in mip6_mh_filter(), and
leave it to rawv6_rcv() and rawv6_recvmsg().

Anyway, we have 4 options.

1. IPV6_CHECKSUM default for IPPROTO_MH == 4
   omit checksumming in mip6_mh_filter()
2. IPV6_CHECKSUM default for IPPROTO_MH == -1
   omit checksumming in mip6_mh_filter()
3. IPV6_CHECKSUM for IPPROTO_MH == 4
   always perform checksumming in mip6_mh_filter()
4. IPV6_CHECKSUM default for IPPROTO_MH == -1
   always perform checksumming in mip6_mh_filter()

Current behavior is 4, but it is not appropriate.
I guess 1 is the way to go.

I would like to have 1, too.

Another question may arise; is it okay to change the default if the
raw socket for Mobility Header is NOT for user-space daemon? or,

For such application (if any), it has used setsockopt = 4 or hasn't used it
for inbound checksum. Those code should work with the kernel change then I
can not find any issue here. Do you have anything else to be discussed?

is it okay to have two different default value depending on CONFIG_IPV6_MIP6?
If we take these question seriously, we should take 2.

We have a solution here, to remove "ifdef CONFIG_IPV6_MIP6" from
rawv6_init_sk() to have the same default value = 4 for IPPROTO_MH
regardless user config.

BTW ICMPv6 default is on and offset = 2. It is better idea for me
to have the similar design for both MH and ICMPv6 as raw socket stuff
than you pointed.

Regards,

--
Masahide NAKAMURA