In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (at Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:02:08 -0500), Neil
Horman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> says:

> > I do not think we should copy neighbor information from (one of)
> > default routers, but use temporary neigh entry (or neigh in new state)
> > for such datagrams in stead.  We should aware that:
> >
> Not sure how that is different from what I'm proposing.  a neighbor entry that
> maps a given host on the current subnet to the MAC of the default router, that
> then gets flushed when DAD completes is temporary, as far as I can see.
>
> >  1) default router's link-layer address may change.
> True, but if this changes, all our network connectivity is lost, until the
> normal neighbor solicitation process completes anyway.

No, router may update its link-layer address by NA with Override flag set.
In that case, we must use new link-layer for subsequent packets from
our opportunistic address duing DAD.

> >  2) we may have more than one default routers.
> True, but I would think we could select any of them and this would work.
> Granted, we wouldn't use all the default routers in the table as we would with
> routed frames, but I'm not sure how we avoid that.

I mean, if the status of the selected default router has changed or
has been deleted, we should try other router, at least.

> >  3) the default router's link-layer may be invalidated.
> >
> yes, but this would be bad for the same reason as (1)

We MUST take this into account.

--yoshfuji