> [Y.b. Lu] PTP messages over Ethernet will use two multicast addresses.
> 01-80-C2-00-00-0E for peer delay messages.
> 01-1B-19-00-00-00 for other messages.
>
> But only 01-80-C2-00-00-0E could be handled by hardware filter for BPDU
> frames (01-80-C2-00-00-0x).
> For PTP messages handling, trapping them to CPU through VCAP IS2 is the
> suggested way by Ocelot/Felix.
>
> I have a question since you are experts.

There real expert is Richard Cochran <richardcoch...@gmail.com>. He
implemented PTP support for the mv88e6xxx devices, maintains to core
code, and the linuxptp daemon. Any ptp support your post will be
reviewed by him.

> For other switches, whether they are always trapping PTP messages to CPU?

For the mv88e6xxx family, there is a per port bit which enabled
PTP. When enabled, PTP frames are recognised by the hardware and
forwarded to the CPU.

> Is there any common method in linux to configure switch to select
> trapping or just forwarding PTP messages?

The best answer to that is to look at other switch driver which
implement ptp. The ptp core expects a ptp_clock_info structure, and
one of its members is 'enable'.

    Andrew