Neil,

On 2/13/07, Neil Horman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can't this simply be fixed by adding a custom udev rule?  Correct me if I'm
wrong, but the only reason that interfaces come up automatically after their
appropriate module is inserted is because most distos udev rules issue an ifup
$DEVICE when they get a creation event for $DEVICE.  Why not add a custom rule
in for net device creation events to set appropriate sysctl values before the
ifup is issued.

 The issue is not as much with automatic auto-configuration but with
not being able to disable auto-configuration (and others) before
setting the interface up.

 Hugo