Ben Greear wrote:
Back in May of last year, I reported this problem, but worked
around it at the time by changing the kernel memory settings
in the networking stack.  I reproduced the problem again today
with the previously working kernel memory settings..which is not
supprising since I just papered over the bug last time.

So, I have been poking around.  Disabling tso makes the problem happen
sooner (< 1 minute).  Changing the tcp_congestion_control does not help.

Interestingly, I found this page mentioning a SACK problem in Linux:
http://www-didc.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/linux.html

I tried disabling SACK, but the problem still happens.  However,
I do see the CWND go to 1 as soon as the connection stalls (I'm not
sure exactly which happens first.)  Before the stall, I see CWND
reported in the ~40 range.

Maybe something similar to the SACK bug can happen on very fast, very
low latency links, with large send/receive buffers configured?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>