Would it be feasible to make netlink_recvmsg() _not_ truncate message unless
it is asked to by having MSG_TRUNC passed to it?

Unless netlink data packets are limited to PAGE_SIZE or less, it's entirely
possible that the kernel can be in a situation where it can't guarantee to get
a buffer large enough to receive a packet larger than that.

What I was trying to do was use recvmsg with MSG_PEEK to grab the nlmsghdr,
and then using that to predict the size of the buffer I need.  But that
doesn't work because a packet might contain multiple netlink messages.

David