Vlad Yasevich wrote:
Rick Jones wrote:

It is the reverse - GSO will segment one super-packet just before calling
the driver so that the stack is traversed only once. In my case, I am
trying to send out multiple skbs, possibly small packets, in one shot.
GSO will not help for small packets.

If there are small packets that implies small sends, which suggests that
they would be coalesced either implicitly by the Nagle algorithm or
explicitly with TCP_CORK no?

rick jones
-

May be for TCP?  What about other protocols?

There are other protocols?-) True, UDP, and I suppose certain modes of SCTP might be sending streams of small packets, as might TCP with TCP_NODELAY set.

Do they often queue-up outside the driver?

rick jones