On Jun 5, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Kok, Auke wrote:

Jeff Garzik wrote:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 10:27:19AM -0700, Kok, Auke wrote:
We need to make sure that now that we're getting closer to 2.6.22 we don't end up killing e100 in it. Should we drop the current fixes in it to be on the safe side and aim for 2.6.23? I would hate to see an untested codepath breaking e100 on something like ppc or mips... that will be very painful
I certainly agree with this assessment...
I've been wondering if, based on all this recent work, we should revert
the s-bit stuff and wait for 2.6.23.

Yes, that's my point. If Milton and David agree I think we should do so immediately.

We definitely need something other than what is in now.

If so, do you want me to write a revert-patch or do you have some magic to do that for me?

The simple git revert won't work because there have been other changes (ioread for instance) that conflict.

milton