David Miller wrote:
From: Kirill Korotaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:14:29 +0400

David Miller wrote:
From: Pavel Emelianov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:11:38 +0400

Veth stands for Virtual ETHernet. It is a simple tunnel driver
that works at the link layer and looks like a pair of ethernet
devices interconnected with each other.

I would suggest choosing a different name.

'veth' is also the name of the virtualized ethernet device
found on IBM machines, driven by driver/net/ibmveth.[ch]
AFAICS, ibmveth.c registers ethX devices, while this driver registers
vethX by default, so there is no much conflict IMHO.

If that's the case, veth is fine with me.

I like Daniel's proposals with the tunnel or pipe thing in the name.
I think it is more explicit about what the device really is.

I'm currently using etun, Eric Biederman's implementation. It will be nice to have this kind of device merged.

-- Benjamin

--
B e n j a m i n   T h e r y  - BULL/DT/Open Software R&D

   http://www.bull.com