Hi, Jamal,

Now the genl utility can find the acpi event genetlink family.
And a simple user space demo is finished for handling acpi event.
I really appreciate your help. :)

I think the patch which exposes ACPI events via netlink is ok.
But I still have some problems on
how to listen to specified genetlink family in user space?

I can get the dynamic id for "acpi_event" genl family.
But I don't know how to use this to receive messages from
specified genl family.
It seems that "#genl ctrl monitor" has something to do with this,
IMO, rtnl_open_byproto(&rth, nl_mgrp(GENL_ID_CTRL), NETLINK_GENERIC) is
used to receive messages from the nlctrl(controller) only, but
unfortunately it never works for me. :(

Any suggestions? What interfaces should I use? Or where can I find some
example code?

Attachment is the simple user space demo I made.
It receives all the broadcasted genetlink messages and only parses the
ones sent by "acpi_event" genl family.

Thanks,
Rui