jamal writes:

 > What is your kernel config in regards to HRES timers? Robert mentioned
 > to me that the clock source maybe causing issues with pktgen (maybe even
 > qos). Robert, insights?

 pktgen heavily uses gettimeofday. I was using tsc as clock source with
 our opterons in the lab. In late 2.6.20 gettimeofday was changed so tsc
 couldn't be used on opterons (pktgen at least).

 To give you an example w.intel's 82571EB we could send 1.488 Mpps using tsc
 but with hpet only 400 kpps.

 But Evgeniy is most likely using the same clocksource both for the mainline
 and batch tests so there must be something different...

 Cheers.
                                        --ro