Richard Purdie wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 15:54 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Florian Fainelli wrote:
Besides missing a declaration and not linking without the network
LED config option, its pretty ridiculous to call this for every
packet just to make a led blink.
Could you suggest me a better way to do so ? The code was highly inspired from what is done with the IDE trigger. The declaration is done in linux/leds.h, which is included in dev.c for that purpose.
Maybe just increment a variable and periodically check it or something
like that.

Are there not already packet counters that the LED trigger could just
look at? If it did that at say 20Hz or 10Hz, it would probably look
quite reasonable without impacting on the system too much

The qdisc counters might work, I think all qdiscs properly maintain
at least byte and packet counters. Or simply check the queue length,
if > 0 there is activity.