jamal wrote:
If the intel folks will accept the patch i'd really like to kill the e1000 LLTX interface.

If I understood DaveM correctly, it is sounding like we want to deprecate all of use LLTX on "real" hardware? If so, several such projects might be considered, as well as possibly simplifying TX batching work perhaps.

Also, WRT e1000 specifically, I was hoping to minimize changes, and focus people on e1000e.

e1000e replaces (deprecates) large portions of e1000, namely the support for the PCI Express modern chips. When e1000e has proven itself in the field, we can potentially look at several e1000 simplifications, during the large scale code removal that becomes possible.

        Jeff