On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 02:53:50AM -0600, Joy Latten wrote:
> Although tmpl->optional is set, kernel still attempts
> to create a set of SAs.

Heh I made the same mistake when I first read this piece of
code too :) The optional flag isn't saying that it doesn't need
to be protected, but rather that the SA may not be present on
input.  It's only used for IPComp where we may skip the IPComp
if the data is not compressible.

In other words the optional flag is really only meaningful on
inbuond policy checks.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>