Hi Andi,

Andi Kleen wrote:
Another issue with full duplex TCP not mentioned yet is that if TSO is used the output will be somewhat bursty and might cause problems with the TCP ACK clock of the other direction because the ACKs would need to squeeze in between full TSO bursts.

You could try disabling TSO with ethtool.

I just tried that:

https://n0.aei.uni-hannover.de/wiki/index.php/NetworkTestNetperf3

It seems that the numbers do get better (sweet-spot seems to be MTU6000 with 914 MBit/s and 927 MBit/s), however for other settings the results vary a lot so I'm not sure how large the statistical fluctuations are.

Next test I'll try if it makes sense to enlarge the ring buffers.

Thanks

Carsten