Hi -

I'm tweaking the netperf omni tests to be able to run over DCCP. I've run across a not-unorecedented problem with getaddrinfo() not groking either SOCK_DCCP or IPPROTO_DCCP in the hints, and that I can more or less live with - I had to do a kludge for getaddrinfo() for IPPROTO_SCTP under Linux at one point and I can see how the two are not necessarily going to be in sync.

And I've worked-around no user-level include files (ie without setting __KERNEL__) define the DCCP stuff, and that is OK too, albeit somewhat inconvenient.

My question though is why on earth does an SO_REUSEADDR setsockopt() against a DCCP socket have to be SOL_DCCP? SCTP and TCP are quite happy with SOL_SOCKET, and it might be foolish consistency, but since the option _does_ begin with SO_ I'd have expected it to work for SOL_SOCKET, but (again RHEL5.1, yes, I do plan on getting upstream but have to satisfy several masters) it doesn't seem to be the case - a subsequent listen() or connect() call after an SOL_SOCKET SO_REUSEADDR against a DCCP socket leaves one SOL as it were...

Of course the setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR) against the DCCP socket using SOL_SOCKET itself doesn't fail, only the later listen() or connect() call...

happy benchmarking,

rick jones