Jarek Poplawski wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 10:19:35PM +0000, James Chapman wrote:
Below is example output from lockdep. The oops is reproducible when creating/deleting lots of sessions while passing data. The lock is being acquired for read and write in softirq contexts.

Is there a better way to fix this?

=================================
[ INFO: inconsistent lock state ]
2.6.24-core2 #1
---------------------------------
inconsistent {in-softirq-R} -> {softirq-on-W} usage.
openl2tpd/3215 [HC0[0]:SC0[0]:HE1:SE1] takes:
  (&tunnel->hlist_lock){---?}, at: [<f8eea157>]
pppol2tp_connect+0x517/0x6d0 [pppol2tp]
{in-softirq-R} state was registered at:

IMHO, according to this, disabling bh should be enough. And if it's
like in this report: only read_lock is taken from softirqs, then this
should be necessary to change only all write_locks to write_lock_bh
(of course unless somewhere bhs are disabled already). Unless I miss
something?!

I thought so too. I tried _bh locks first and the problem still occurred. Maybe I'll try it again in case I messed something up.

--
James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd