Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Joe Perches wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 07:29 -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
>>
>>> fs/nfsd/nfsproc.c:              char buf[RPC_MAX_ADDRBUFLEN];
>>> Perhaps there should be a DECLARE_RPC_BUF(buf) macro?
>>> #define DECLARE_RPC_BUF(var) char var[MAC_BUF_SIZE] __maybe_unused
>>>
>> Make that:
>>
>> #define DECLARE_RPC_BUF(var) char var[RPC_MAX_ADDRBUFLEN] __maybe_unuse

OK, I'll send the patch in a moment.

> Alternatively change the dprintk macro to behave similar like

This is too heavy. The problem is that some arguments passed to this
function exist only under appropriate ifdefs, so having a static
inline there will produce a warning :(

> pr_debug() and mark things like svc_print_addr() __pure, which
> has the advantage that is still performs format checking even
> if debugging is disabled.

Taking my above statement into account, this becomes useless, since
svc_print_addr() is used inside those "empty" macros and are complied
out automatically.