Hi All,

I have a problem with kernel 2.6.24.

Having a running configuration using Shorewall and restarting it I got follow error:
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Tom Eastep, Shorewall creator, told me to inform you about the problem.

Here is the mail:
Francesco Saverio Giudice wrote:
Hi Tom,

I get the error:

---------
# ip route add 1.2.4.5 dev eth3
# ip route replace 1.2.4.5 dev eth3
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
---------

I have to patch kernel or something else ?

You should report it at netdev@vger.kernel.org (that's where the Linux
networking developers hang out). This failure does not occur with kernel
2.6.22 and iproute2 ss070710:

gateway:~ # ip route add 1.2.4.5 dev eth0
gateway:~ # ip route replace 1.2.4.5 dev eth0
gateway:~ # ip route del 1.2.4.5

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]