Hello,

it seems that e1000 enables flow-control (rx pause frames) even if the switch
does not advertise flow control. This seems to get a problem as (at least
some) switches then forward pause frames directed to the card from other
hosts. We think there are hosts which indeed do this in the lans of our
student halls.

I think flow control should be completely disabled by default if the switch
does not advertise it. It still can be forced with ethtool.

Regards,
--
Wolfgang Walter
Studentenwerk München