From: Daniel Borkmann
> Sent: 15 April 2015 10:37
> On 04/15/2015 11:08 AM, David Laight wrote:
> > Apart from any other code that is using the interface.
> > I know you guys don't do anything to help out of tree code, but removing
> > the setfs()
> > stuff from the kernel_recvmsg() code would break anything using sctp.
>
> Then that might just be one more incentive to work towards upstreaming
> your out-of-tree SCTP bits ... ;)

You really wouldn't want the many MB of code that generates several MB
of driver object to support a telephony applications using custom hardware.

Almost all the code is completely OS agnostic, the linux 'glue' code is
a few 1000 lines of wrapper functions (compiled as part of the installation
process).
Much the same wrappers exist for windows and solaris.

        David