On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Alexander Holler <hol...@ahsoftware.de> wrote:

>> Bridge doesn't have an underlying link, so no LINK_NETNSID. LINK_NETNSID
>> is only added when its underlying link is in a different netns.
>

> I'm using "link" similiar as interface. Maybe I've no idea what the
> attribute LINK:NETSID really means, but I've understood it as the one
> attribute which indicates the namespace an interface (or link), br0 in my
> example, lives in.

It is for an underlying link for example: a veth pair is a link for each other,
a tunnel device has a link to transmit packets.

Bridge and bonding are master devices where "slaves" (or ports for bridge)
can join.

netns doesn't have a name or id by nature, we assign it a name by binding
mount some /proc file, these LINK_NETNSID's are not absolutely unique either,
just relatively.