On 05/28/2015 06:44 AM, Vivien Didelot wrote:
Hi Guenter,

If yes, the dsa code may need to move the tag into the header.
If we are lucky, a call to vlan_hwaccel_push_inside() might do it.

Thanks, I'm currently looking into it and doing some tests, I'm coming back to
you asap.

Issue fixed, thanks! vlan_hwaccel_push_inside() adds additional memmove, but
this approach is simpler.

Do you have some vlan dsa code to share, by any chance ? That might
save me some time, as I am looking into it as well.

Yes, I am about the send an RFC for fully integrated 802.1q VLAN support on
Marvell 88E6352 devices.

Excellent, that is going to safe me a lot of work! If you don't mind,
please Cc: me as I am not subscribed to the network mailing list.

My work is based on v4.1-rc3. Unfortunately the VLAN support breaks on latest
net-next/master (e.g. NETIF_F_HW_SWITCH_OFFLOAD is removed; .ndo_bridge_setlink
used to set tag and PVID, is moved to switchdev.)

Are you willing to give it a try based on v4.1-rc3 in the meantime?
Otherwise, I'll send the RFC as soon as the support is functional on net-next.

I already rebased my code to net-next, not for the switchdev changes but
to catch the dsa changes, so net-next would be much better. I'd like to get
a glance at your code, though, if that is possible.

Thanks,
Guenter