On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.duma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Eric Dumazet <eduma...@google.com>
> This patch adds a new SOL_IP socket option, asking kernel to ignore
> the 0 port provided by application in bind(IP, port=0) and only
> remember the given IP address.
> This new feature is available for both IPv4 and IPv6.

I like this a lot. This addresses a very serious gap in the sockets
API, and should be very useful. The comment mentions that this is
available for IPv6. From skimming the change I would have expected
inet6_bind() would need a change analogous to the change in
inet_bind()? Was there a missing "git add", or is a change to
inet6_bind() somehow not needed?

Thanks!

neal