On 9/22/15 8:33 PM, Alexander Duyck wrote:
Why pass loopback_dev instead of just passing the net pointer?  Seems
like in the path below there are cases where you end up not needing to
dereference it and it might be worth the effort to avoid dereferencing
it if you don't need to.

Same thing for nopolicy.  Why not just pass the in_dev pointer and
handle getting the policy if you need it.

Sure, I was passing in what was needed but I get your point. If the cache version is valid it is an unnecessary dereference.