On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 04:08:51AM +0000, Matt Bennett wrote:
> Hi, I am seeing this panic occur occasionally however I am unsure how to
> go about reproducing it. Is it enough to simply keep creating and
> tearing down the PPP interface? I can also test and/or investigate this
> issue if a suitable reproduction method is available.

There are at least two issues resulting in similar Oops.

The first one goes with MTU/address/link state updates on the
underlying interface: any such update on an interface used by a
PPPoE connection will generally result in an Oops when releasing the
PPPoE connection. This is fixed by e6740165b8f7 ("ppp: don't override
sk->sk_state in pppoe_flush_dev()").

The second one seems to be trickier. It looks like a race wrt. PADT
message reception. Reproducing the bug will probably require to
generate some PADT flooding to a host that creates and releases PPPoE
connections.