On 10/04/2015 10:28 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
On Sun, 2015-10-04 at 10:05 -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

I guess I'll just stop using Cubic.  Any suggestions for another
congestion algorithm to use?  I'd prefer something that worked well
in pretty much any network condition, of course, and it has to work with
ath10k.

We can also run some tests with 1G, 10G, ath10k, ath9k, and in conjunction
with network emulators and various congestion control algorithms.

You could use cubic , but disable or tune HyStart, which is known to be
problematic anyway.

echo  0 >/sys/module/tcp_cubic/parameters/hystart_detect

I ran some more tests this morning.  The first bump in the graph
has the setting above.  Seems to work pretty good.

The second is using RENO.  Also good, and a small bit of higher over-all
throughput (about 555-560Mbps of RX throughput).

Third is 'highspeed'.  It ramps up quickly, but seems a bit more jagged, and
not quite as fast as RENO.

Or try

echo 40 >/sys/module/tcp_cubic/parameters/hystart_low_window

The last graph is this setting (with hystart_detect set back to 3,
which was the default on my system).

This is better than stock cubic, but it still is awful compared
to the others.

http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/tcp_cong_ath10k_2.pdf

Thanks,
Ben