On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:26:39 +0200
Jesper Dangaard Brouer <bro...@redhat.com> wrote:

> My only problem left, is I want a perf measurement that pinpoint these
> kind of spots.  The difference in L1-icache-load-misses were significant
> (1,278,276 vs 2,719,158).  I tried to somehow perf record this with
> different perf events without being able to pinpoint the location (even
> though I know the spot now).  Even tried Andi's ocperf.py... maybe he
> will know what event I should try?

Using: 'ocperf.py -e icache_misses' and looking closer at the perf
annotate and considering "skid" I think I can see the icache misses
happening in the end of the function, due to the UD2 inst.

Annotation of kmem_cache_free_bulk (last/end of func):

       │17b:   test   %r12,%r12
       │     ↑ jne    2e
       │184:   pop    %rbx
       │       pop    %r12