On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 08:57:58AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> (don't top post please)
>
> On 27/10/15 08:53, Frode Isaksen wrote:
> > What will you need in the oops ? I presume you don' want everything or ?
> >
> > The PHY state machine is not stopped with a PHY disconnect.
>
> It is stopped with a phy_disconnect():
>
> /**
>  * phy_disconnect - disable interrupts, stop state machine, and detach a PHY
>  *                  device
>  * @phydev: target phy_device struct
>  */
> void phy_disconnect(struct phy_device *phydev)
> {
>         if (phydev->irq > 0)
>                 phy_stop_interrupts(phydev);
>
>         phy_stop_machine(phydev);
>
>         phydev->adjust_link = NULL;
>
>         phy_detach(phydev);
> }

And this does not yet get called. It probably needs to be in
dsa_switch_destroy() just before unregister_netdev() of the slave
devices.

However, the ordering in dsa_switch_destroy() looks wrong. The fixed
phys are destroyed before the slave devices. They should probably be
destroyed after the slave devices, or at least after the
phy_disconnect() is called.

                 Andrew