On 23/11/2015 00:16, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> we have had a switch layer inside openwrt called swconfig for several
>> years. at the moment i have an add-on patch in openwrt to provide an
>> userland interface via that layer.
>
> Hi John
>
> I know of swconfig.  However, it has been NACKed for mainline. So you
> either need to do switchdev or DSA for controlling switches in
> mainline.
>
>       Andrew

Hi Andrew.

I am not planning to bring the switch support upstream in the near
future. right now my focus is on bringing the core driver upstream. once
that is done i plan so add support for the new DMA core, then the new
ARM SoCs. once those are done i plan to add support for the new media
center SoC and once that is done i am probably going to have a go at the
hw offloading engine. Once all that is done, i will have time to look at
the switch driver. however that wont happen in the near future.

        John