From: Alexander Duyck <alexander.du...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 11:34:47 -0800

> I'm only really interested in what options the customers has in order
> to get this all configured.  As long as there eventually ends up being
> some path forward I'll be good with whatever ends up happening, though
> my preference would be to see some option available in the kernel.

Fair enough.

BTW, I don't entirely buy your hardware complexity argument.

When we're looking at checksumming offload via 1's complement in the
RX descriptor, that is heaps simpler than having a seperate RTL path
for N different encapsulation technologies and/or protocols.

I'd rather maintain a single 1's complement circuit than N header
parser engines that trigger the sum at the right range.

There is definitely long term maintainability and stability value in
this.