On 12/07/2015 01:52 PM, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 02:20:47PM +0100, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner
>> <marcelo.leit...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi, I think so. I was really wondering how you could trigger that issue
>>> without the timestamp fix and Vlad's comment does shed some light on it.
>>>
>>> I'll do more tests later today, but what did you have connecting to the
>>> listening socket? Somehow you made that accept() call to return..
>>
>> Local connect in another thread I guess.
>
> Vlad, I reviewed the places on which it returns SCTP_DISPOSITION_ABORT,
> and if I didn't miss something in there all of them either issue
> SCTP_CMD_ASSOC_FAILED or SCTP_CMD_INIT_FAILED before returning it, thus
> delaying DELETE_TCB and with that the asoc free.

They delay it from the perspective of the command interpreter since the command
to delete the TCB happens a little later, but status code  is checked after all
commands are processed and command processing doesn't change it.  So the
'status'
code would still be SCTP_DISPOSITION_ABORT after DELETE_TCB command was
processed.
So, I think we may still have an use-after-free issue here.

> There is one place,
> though, that may not do it that way, it's sctp_sf_abort_violation(), but
> then that code only runs if asoc is already NULL by then.

I don't believe so.  The violation state function can run with a non-NULL
association
if we are encountering protocol violations after the association is established.

-vlad