From: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner
> Sent: 27 January 2016 17:07
> This patchset is merely a RFC for the moment. There are some
> controversial points that I'd like to discuss before actually proposing
> the patches.

You also need to look at how a 'user' can actually get SCTP to
merge data chunks in the first place.

With Nagle disabled (and it probably has to be since the data flow
is unlikely to be 'command-response' or 'unidirectional bulk')
it is currently almost impossible to get more than one chunk
into an ethernet frame.

Support for MSG_MORE would help.

Given the current implementation you can get almost the required
behaviour by turning nagle off and on repeatedly.

I did wonder whether the queued data could actually be picked up
be a Heartbeat chunk that is probing a different remote address
(which would be bad news).

        David