On 16-02-17 06:42 AM, Jiri Pirko wrote:
Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:17:26PM CET, j...@mojatatu.com wrote:
On 16-02-17 12:18 AM, John Fastabend wrote:

Note: i dont see anything that says "hw". Are you delegating ht 0x800
for h/w only? It is the default ht; so may not be the best choice.

That is not implemented in this patchset. hw/sw/hwsw flag will be done
in a follow up. So far, the user has only possibility to enable/disable
the whole thing by ethtool feature flag.

[..]
All looks cool but I am just worried about the lack of intent that
something needs to go to hw vs sw. Other worry:
What happens when things fail to install in hw?

Silently fail. I believe that this should be handled in the same
follow-up I referred to above.

I can live with the above. John, please consider my comments when
sending next update.
So only outstanding issue is you need to fix that NEW with REPLACE
in patch 3.

For this patch:
Acked-by: Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com>

cheers,