On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 09:53:32PM +0100, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
> On 02/04/2016 08:13 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> >>Ok, got it. And found include/uapi/linux/libc-compat.h. Did not know about
> >>it
> >>and was looking for solutions to these problems.
> >>
> >>But now I feel like writing a test script for mixing of kernel uapi
> >>and libc headers to find out how many other collitions are still there.
> >>Not good for the pile of over 70 patches in my branch
> >>https://github.com/torvalds/linux/compare/master...mcfrisk:headers_test_v05

> >>I'm fine with this too.
> >
> >This is causing a number of build failures in Fedora rawhide now.  Did
> >anyone submit a revert or patch to fix this issue?
>
> Mikko, was there any follow-up patch to fix this? Seems like the build
> error is not yet resolved.

First draft of proper fix:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/7/89

Will fix review comments from David Miller soon and I need to figure out
how to get the needed fixes to the glibc side too.

The problem from my point of view is that kernel uapi header files have
incomplete dependencies, which were hiding kernel uapi and glibc header file
conflicts.

I will try to systematically fix the kernel uapi and glibc header conflicts
but this will take some time. If you want, you can hide the problem
by reverting the needed header file dependency fixes.

-Mikko