On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 09:57:06PM -0800, James Couzens wrote:
> Running Suse 7.3 on a Sun Netra T1 105.
>
> The default Suse configuration provides you with kernel 2.4.14, and I ran into
> problems with the packet counter functionality of iptables, which by default I
> believe was 1.2.2 or somewheres around there.  I have since upgraded to 2.4.18
> and then 2.4.18-ac3 and, upgraded to netfilter 1.2.6 and then 1.2.6a.  Same
> problems.  So here is an example:

This is a known problem an has just recently been discussed on netfilter-devel.

This is some strange intercation with the 32bit userspace, 64bit kernelspace
implementation of linux for ultrasparc.

I have now bought an Ultrasparc testing box (running since two weeks) and as
soon as I find time, I'll investigate the problem.

> For whats its worth, you may notice that this improper byte count only happens
> to the INPUT chain.  I'm not really sure if this is something to do with the
> Sun HME (Happy Meal) driver, or netfilter, or even something in the kernel,
> but I felt it would be advantages to at least show you (the team) the problem
> in the event that perhaps you were not aware of it.

It also happens in the FORWARD chain but depends on how your ruleset looks
like.

--
Live long and prosper
- Harald Welte / [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://www.gnumonks.org/