2002-04-17 20:13:13+0200, Norbert Sendetzky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ->
> On Wednesday 17 April 2002 19:47, you wrote:
> > I hope you mean the struct you are sending all the data in to the
> > kernel. Just make the struct larger. It's not a problem.
>
> Is the struct ipt_mulitport allocated by ip_tables before the
> functions are called?

All allocation and thing is done by the iptables code. Lock at some already
existing matches for examples.

> > However, make sure the struct looks the same as the old in the
> > begining of it. Since old iptables will see it as that, even tho
> > running on a newer kernel supporting this.
>
> You mean if I change the struct completly I will run into
> compatibility problems when using new kernel code, but old userspace
> code?

Yes.

> What about alignment? I need 62 bytes, but it must probably aligned
> to 64 bytes. Which part is responible for alignment? Iptables or the
> module code?

Alignment is taken care of by MACRO's Again, look at the already exist
matches for examples.

--
/Joakim Axelsson A.K.A Gozem@EFnet & OPN