On Friday 19 April 2002 21:00, Luiz Felipe Ceglia wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if would be possible to enable the --set-mark
> function in an additive way, just as ipchains does.
>  From ipchains man page:
> -m, --mark markvalue
> Mark  matching  packets.   Packets can be marked with a 32-bit
> unsigned value which may (one day) change how they are handled
> internally.
> *******If the string markvalue begins with a + or -, then this value
> will be added or subtracted from the current marked value of the
> packet (which starts at zero).
> Thank you,

Hello,

sure, it should be doable. The easiest way would be for you
to modify the MARK-bitwise patch to the MARK target that you can find here :
http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/netfilter/userspace/patch-o-matic/broken/
to make it support the additive/negative mark value.
BTW, this patch is in broken/ directory because it use to have problems
to apply due to a bug I introduced in the runme script of patch-o-matic,
but now, it works already, and should probably be moved to the extra/ directory.
Happy hacking,

Fabrice.
--
Fabrice MARIE
Senior R&D Engineer

"Silly hacker, root is for administrators"
       -Unknown