On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 11:48:49AM +0200, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> > * yet another flag to ip_nat_setup_info() to set up a single manip only.
> > * free the state associated to UDP packets after the translation was applied.
> > * instead of setting up a NAT translation, call manip_pkt() directly somehow
>
> I'd combine the third with the new table I wrote about some months ago
> (working name for the table is 'raw' instead of 'notrack' or 'select').
> The proposed new target for the table is 'NOTRACK' so that the selected
> packet would be skipped by conntrack and NAT as well. If I understand your
> problem correctly, a target 'NONAT' could then be easily added and you
> could call manip_pkt as you wish.

Let me think a bit about it. For UDP packets I don't really need
conntracking sessions, I only need to translate single packets, but I'd like
to avoid messing with IP and UDP header translation myself.

So NOTRACK is good for me, I don't need NONAT since I don't need conntrack
either. The question is how you mark an skb to avoid tracking? (an idea was
to use a flag in nfct, is it still true?)

Is you patch available somewhere?

--
Bazsi