I am not sure if this matter has been discussed previously... If that's
true, please, point me to the place where the answer is...

I am using netfilter on a screening router, and I detected that FIN+ACK
packets coming from web sites are blocked by the firewall.
For the moment, I am using a configuration to allow "flat" access from my
internal network, allowing responses from external sites, with these
iptables rules:

iptables -A FORWARD -v -i $IFINT -s $IPINT -m state --state
NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -v -i $IFEXT -s $IPANY -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j
ACCEPT

(I think variables are "self explained"...)

According to "IPTables connection tracking" document, the closure proceeds
in this way:

       Client                    Server
   FIN+ACK   --->
                        <---        ACK
                        <---     FIN+ACK
         ACK      --->

It seems status "ESTABLISHED" is finished with the first "FIN+ACK" package
sent by the client, and then last "FIN+ACK" package, coming from the Server,
is rejected by the firewall rules. Am I correct? If the answer is "yes", are
there any way (or fix) to solve that?
And if I am wrong, please, tell me... Thank you very much.

Best regards. Antonio.