On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 06:06:05PM -0500, Willem de Bruijn wrote:
[...]
> Eric also suggests a private variable to avoid being subject to
> changes to PATH_MAX. Then we can indeed also choose an arbitrary lower
> length than current PATH_MAX.

Good.

> FWIW, there is a workaround for users with deeply nested paths: the
> path passed does not have to be absolute. It is literally what is
> passed on the command line to iptables right now, including relative
> addresses.

If iptables userspace always expects to have the bpf file repository
in some given location (suggesting to have a directory that we specify
at ./configure time, similar to what we do with connlabel.conf), then
I think we can rely on relative paths. Would this be flexible enough
for your usecase?