On 21 November 2017 at 19:39, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
<art...@netfilter.org> wrote:
> On 21 November 2017 at 18:09, Florian Westphal <f...@strlen.de> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, thats expected.
>> First ssh base chain gets invoked, which accepts any packet
>> either by verdict or policy.
>>
>> Then next base chain gets consulted which drops the packet.
>>
>> I would suggest to either swap the policies or duplicate the ssh
>> rule into the input chain too.
>
> This is something which is actually confusing our users.
> I just took the time to extend a bit the documentation:
>
> https://wiki.nftables.org/wiki-nftables/index.php/Configuring_chains
>
> Of course, feel free to edit the docs :-)

Unrelated, but I would like to mention other thing that lacks
documentation: the interaction of packet flows between families/hooks

* Does a packet traversing a chain in the ip family traverse again
chains in the inet family? Same the other way around
* Does a packet accepted in the netdev/ingress family/hook gets
evaluated again in ip/ip6/inet families/hooks?