Help!!  I have no hair left!

I have been over the HOWTO, most exampes I can find
and I still can't get things working entirely correct.

I've looked in the archives, and that's gotten me
about 95% of the way.  But that last 5% is killing
me.

external net-----firewall/dns-----internal net

I'd like anything sourced from inside to be able to get outside.
I'd like nothing outside to be able to get in, other
that traffic that originated from inside.
I'd like ssh to be accepted from only internal
connections.
I want all my internal network machines to use the
DNS on the firewall.  The DNS on the firewall is
pointing to a "real" internet DNS server.
I want all my machines to be NAT'ed going through the
firewall out to the internet.

I have a cable modem with a dynamically assigned IP
address, and depending on what range I get assigned
to, I may end up with different DNS servers.  I'd
like my internal machines to use the firewall as the
DNS server, and have the firewall actually do the
requesting out to the internet.
I can surf the internet from the linux
firewall/dns box.

I can get as far as being able to ping real ip
addresses on the internet from any internal machine,
but I can't ping DNS names of those same sites.
Obviously, I don't quite have things set up
correctly.

Also, I can't get ssh to be accepted, PuTTy gives me
an error that "Software caused connection abort."

BTW, most internal machines are Windoze2000 or XP.
There are one or two crazy people that run linux
on their desktop (me included...)  But I'm not too
concerned, because I think the problem is in how the
iptable rules are accepting requests on port 53,
right?

Please help!

Thanks,
Paul