On Wednesday 15 May 2002 4:04 pm, Nir Cohen wrote:

> Hello All
> I configure Iptables with 3 cards external,lan and dmz.
> I have 2 http servers in the dmz .Packets that coming in to port 80 I am
> doing DNAT to a
 web server in the DMZ.I try to do apache redirect from
> this web server (in the httpd.conf -redirect option Redirect /
> http://192.168.1.3) to another web server
> in this segment but it is not working.

You must make sure that the redirect points to the *public* address of the
other webserver, otherwise people will be contacting PublicServerA, which
redirects them to PrivateServerB, and they can't route to a private address,
so it fails.

If ServerA redirects them to PublicServerB then that is the second connection
their browser will make and they will be able to connect.

Antony.