Hello,

First of all congratulation for getting selected as a mentoring
organization in GSoC 2016.

I am Akarshit Wal, current pursuing B.Tech from NIT, Hamirpur, India. I am
willing to apply for the Extension Manager project.

I have been contributing to The Processing Foundation for over two years
and participated in GSoC 2015 with the same organization. I have been a
member of The Processing Foundation since last year. My project last year
was to build something similar to "Extension Manager" for Processing  IDE
called Contribution Manager. I had to implement the UI as well as the
backend support for installation of libraries, tool, examples and modes for
the software.

As i understand something similar is expected in this project. The UI is
explained in this video <https://youtu.be/4gig-z_UpnI?t=3812> by the owner
of the organization. The screen shots can be found here
<https://github.com/shiffman/GSOC-2015-Report/blob/gh-pages/report.md#8-contribution-manager-ui-upgrade-by-akarshit-wal-mentored-by-scott-murray>.

I have been maintaining the "Contribution Manager" for The Processing
Foundation since last year. I have good experience in Java and the
"Contribution Manager" was made using Java and Swing. Other than that I can
also help in improving the GUI of the software or add extension.

I have downloaded the code for the project and am in the process of
building it. It would be nice to know the view of community on the above
proposal.

Regards,
Akarshit Wal