Dear Jason,

Thank you so much for your extremely helpful reply. The main issue is that
-ideally- we would like the e-book to be as self-contained as possible,
i.e. we would like the models in the book (and the colouring of the code)
to work even if future versions of Netlogo make changes that imply the old
code would not work (e.g. the use of + to concatenate strings before
NetLogo 4.0).

Because of that, our preference would be:
1. Regarding the colouring of code: The javascript library, or to have a
method that, in the end, produces "a string of raw HTML" (potentially with
a CSS, if that is easier for you), so the colouring of code does not depend
on external websites.
2. Regarding running NetLogo models: To have a NetLogo engine inside the
book, so everything works even if NetLogo changes too much for our code.
(And potentially be able to change the css of NetLogoWeb slightly, to make
running models fit better with the rest of the e-book, e.g. fig.1 at
http://ccl.northwestern.edu/2016/WeintropEtAlConstructionism2016-1.pdf)

Another option would be to have iframes for everything, making sure that
the links work as expected. This approach is great for webpages, but maybe
not so great for an ebook, which at the end of the day is a book, and
should have a stable, permanent edition at some point.

To be honest, we can see pros and cons in both approaches (especially
regarding running models), so we would love to hear your comments (and most
likely to adopt your advice).

Thank you so much for your help,
Luis