Dear Robert, thanks for your quick reply

The latest version of RNetLogo works fine with NetLogo 6.

The only function of this package that might have been useful was
NLSourceFromString("Description: NLSourceFromString is a way to
create/append a NetLogo model's source code dynamically from R").

But, as you mention, it does not work in headless mode.

I was actually more counting on the Java controlling API because that
sounded more 'low level'.

So there's really no way to create/modify/save a .netlogo file?...sorry to
insist

Vincent