On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 11:05:01AM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:

> > Any description statement in principle can do this. We trust that sane
>
> 6020(bis) is silent about the effects a description or extension can have - I
> think there should be relatively strict limits. I agree with Jernej that
> descriptions or extensions should not be allowed to change YANG semantics.

How do you define 'change YANG semantics'?

Some of the core typedefs have semantics defined in description
statements that go beyond what can be expressed using YANG's type
restriction statements. This has >20 years of history of being useful
so lets make sure we do not loose any of that because of a fear that
things may be misused.