On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Randy Presuhn <randy_pres...@mindspring.com

Agreed.

I also do not understand why one would replace any instances with a dummy
node.
The dummy node is just to test whether the context node should be created
or not.

I also found other text related to when-stmt that prescribed an evaluation
order.
This is also implementation-specific.  What if the when-stmt is affected
by 2 nodes and both are edited in the same <edit-config>?  NETCONF has no
edit processing order so which one is first?  (A: ???, so YANG cannot rely
on
edit processing order).